To set up an in-class audition, contact Brittany Hurst, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To audition by video, please print our Video Audition Form and return it with a link or DVD, photographs, and $35.00 application fee. YouTube links are preferable.
Click here to make an online payment if you are submitting a video audition:
Please keep the video simple. Be sure you are the only person in the video. It is only to see your class work and not a choreographic exercise. If you have a performance video, you are welcome to submit it along with the required videotape. The full video should be no more than 15 - 20 minutes in length.
Please include with your video: the following photographs
- First Arabesque (profile), women on pointe
- Developpe a la seconde (profile)
- Grand plie in second position from the side
- Sous sus, women on pointe
The video should include the following classroom exercises:
- Barre Work - Camera needs to be shot from dancer's profile
- Ronds de jambe
- Ronds de jambes en l'air
- Grand battement
- Center Floor
- Petite allegro
- Grand allegro
- For Ladies
- A pointe work combination, including turns en pointe.
- For Men
- Grand pirouette
- Tour en l'air combination
Click below to download the video audition form:
For more information, please contact:
The School of Ballet Chicago
Attn: Brittany Hurst
17 N. State Street, 19th Floor
Chicago, IL 60602